Guides by ThatsYisy on how to install Google Mobile Services (GMS) on HarmonyOS 3.0.
Do NOT give up if your first attempt fails. Factory reset is recommended if failure happens, try again and I am sure you can get it done by following this guide, however you will need to make sure you follow all the steps one by one, and do NOT try jumping. Even the button of "OK" , "Open", "Done" or selecting app from Muti Task Manager instead of re-enter apps from the Home screen at different timing or sequence may impact the result.
This method has been tested on the following devices: Huawei Mate Series: ✅ HUAWEI Mate Xs 2 series ✅ HUAWEI Mate X2 series ✅ HUAWEI Mate 40 series Huawei P Series: ✅ HUAWEI P50 series Huawei MatePad Series: ✅ HUAWEI MatePad Pro 12.6" 2021 ✅ HUAWEI MatePad Pro 10.8" 2021 ✅ HUAWEI MatePad 11 Huawei TV Series: ✅ HUAWEI Vision V65 Pro ✅ HUAWEI Vision V75 Pro Huawei Wear Series ✅ HUAWEI WATCH 3 Pro ✅ HUAWEI WATCH 3 Huawei Sound Series: ✅ HUAWEI Sound X NEW ✅ HUAWEI Sound X 2021 ✅ HUAWEI Sound Joy ✅ HUAWEI AI Speaker 2e Note: International versions may not compatible.
1. Download the ZIP file: [ Mirror 1] - [ Mirror 2 ] - [ Mirror 3 ] 2. Extract “GMS_for_HarmonyOS3” and save the files on the device that needs to install GMS.
1. Copy the folder GMS_2022-11 to the root directory of the phone 2. Install and run huagu3.apk application and enable Alow Usage… 3. Change the date to July 20, 2020 4. Go to Settings/ Backup and restore, select External storage and Alow all 5. Go to Settings/Backup and restore, select Restore from internal storage 6. Go to huagu3 app, Select Activ / Alow 7. Switch Date to automatic to show actual date 8. Install the Micro-GOO app 9. Run the Micro-G application select Accounts. Log in to your GG account, how many accounts have to be logged in (You won't be able to add any more accounts later) 10. Install GG apps from top to bottom (2,3,4,5,6,7) 11.Go to Settings/Users and Accounts. Click on each Account and select Sync Contacts will see sync failed 12. Uninstall Micro-GOO 14. Install Google Play Services v19.2.75.apk 15. Go to Settings/GG and sync all items in your gg . account 16. Run the Play Store application if there is an error, then press Retry to run the Play Store 18. Go to Settings / Applications and click on the search box with the keyword Google 19. Click on Google Service, force Pause then remove the app 20. Continue to install the Google Play Services app v19.4.20.apk 21. Go to Settings/Applications >>> Select Show system apps 22. Select the Google Services Framework application and press Force pause until it works. Then clear the cache, clear the app's data. 23. Restart the phone 25. Run the Play Store app 26. Go to Settings/Applications and uninstall the Google Play Services app 27. Install the Google Play Services app v20.21.17. When this will have a continuous warning sound, drag the toolbar and turn off the speaker. 28. Go to Settings/Apps and uninstall the Play Store app (force pause, clear data before uninstalling) 29. Go to the Google Play Services app, clear data, force pause then uninstall the app. 30. Reinstall Play Store App 31. Reinstall Google Play Services App v19.2.75 32. Open the Play Store app and retry until it runs. 33. Go to Settings/Apps select Google Play Services, force pause and uninstall it. 34. Install the Google Play Services app v19.4.20 35. Go to Settings/Apps to show the System app. Select Google Service Framework , press force stop until you can, delete data 36. Restart the Phone. 37. Run the Play Store application and press Retry several times, go to the Device ID application to see all the information is OK 38. Run the Play Store app 39. Go to Settings / Search google application and you will be warned that Google Services are required to run… . Close it 40. Go to Applications/Settings select Google Play Services delete all data and remove it. 41. Uninstall Play Store app after clearing all data and force stopping 42. Reinstall Play Store App 43. Install the Google Play Services app v19.2.75 44. Run CH Play and press Retry until Play Store runs 45. Run the Device ID application and see all the information is OK 46. Run Play Store and load test 47. Go to Settings/Apps force pause Google Play Services then uninstall it 48. Install _Google Play Services v19.4.20 49. Go to Settings/Applications, now the system application selects Google Service Framework , press force stop until it works, delete data 50. Restart the phone 51. Run the Play Store app 52. Go to Settings/Applications force pause Google Play Services and remove 53. Install Google Play Services v20.12.17 54. Restart the phone 55. Run the Play Store app 56. Install Chrome 58. Run Chrome to see if it's ok and install GG Map 59. Run GG Map 61.Go to the Play Store and install the Play Service info (Update) app. 62. Run Play Service info (Update) application, Select Play Store source to install to install Google Play Services 63. Uninstall the Micro-G app and the Play Service info app (Update) 64. Install applications such as Youtube… and use.
How to upgrade to HarmonyOS 3.0 if you have not yet received push OTA update:
How to obtain approval for paticipating the HarmonyOS 3.0 Open Beta:
1. Download the ZIP file: [ Mirror 1 ] – [ Mirror 2 ] – [Mirror 3];
2. Extract “GMS_2022-05.zip”;
3. Copy folder “111” onto your computer C drive root directory;
4. Copy “huawei” folder onto your mobile/tablet device root directory;
5. Copy the balance files to somewhere in your mobile/tablet device (wherever you like);
Step by Step instructions:
1. Backup your data then Factory Reset your device (phone/tablet), ensuring it is in a clean condition 2. Go to Settings---About Phone----“Quickly click the Build number at least 7 times (this guide here is using 18.104.22.168 (C00E230R9P3patch03) to activate the “Developer options” 3. Go to “System & updates”, and turn off the ”App Guard” (skip this if using EMUI 11) 4. Return to Settings, at the top search section, enter keyword “HDB”, select and turn on “Allow connection via HDB” 5. Go to “Settings & updates” --- “Developer options”, turn on “USB debugging” 6. Use your cable to connect your device with computer 7. Swipe down from the top of your screen and change the connection from “Charing via USB” to “Transfer files” mode. Enter the “Connection verification code” that is showing up on Hisuite screen from your phone onto the Hisuite on your computer 8. Copy the GMS files onto your device 9. In your computer, click ”WIN” key，then enter “cmd” to enter “Command Prompt” (skip this if using EMUI 11) 10. Enter below commands one by one (make sure you see the message “success” before entering the next command. (skip this if using EMUI 11) 1) Cd\111 2) adb devices 3) adb uninstall com.huawei.localBackup 4) adb install Legacy.apk 11. after finish entering the commands from your computer end, return to your device. Install “Backup & restore” following the instruction from the phone. (skip this if using EMUI 11) 12. Disconnect your cable 13. Go to “Settings & updates” --- “Date & time”. Turn off “Set automatically” and change the date to July 10, 2020 14. Connect your USB-C storage device, wait for 30 seconds then go to “System & updates” ---“Backup & restore”, continue selecting “ALLOW”，then select “External storage”--- “USB storage”，select and restore “the 5:21am, Nov 11, 2019” backup; enter password: “a12345678” 16. Go to HOME screen, you will see and new app called “谷歌服务助手”, open it. Select “ALLOW” (you will delete this app after you have no issues running Google Suites), then “ACTIVATE”; You will see lots “!”, ignore that and click “开始下载”(start download)，it will fail to download anything, ignore it as well. As soon as you see the loading spin, go back to HOME screen (do NOT close the app, just return to main screen) 17. Goto “Files”，Install “01_MicroG.apk” 18. Go to “Settings & updates” --- “Date & time”. Turn on “Set automatically” 19. The first time you click “SIGN IN“” will fail to open and flash exit, it is normal, click “SIGN IN” once again to login to your Google account. Once success, click “ I agree” and “CANCEL” (if you received error message “Sorry… You don’t have a network connection…” then restart your device and try again starting from “谷歌服务助手”,) 20. If you have multiple google account, repeat previous step 21. Go back to “Files”，Install “02_Google Account Manager” until “07_Google Services Framework.apk” 22. Go to “Settings”---“ Users & accounts”, click “Google”, and then click “your account”, then click “Sync contacts”, then “sync now” 23. Return to home screen, click “Play Store” (WARNING: DON’T get too exciting and do NOT stop here. This is NOT done yet, otherwise I am sure you will see lots of errors while using the device. Do NOT even try to do anything until you finish this guide). You will find an error message “Authentication is required…”, this is normal. Ignore it. 24. return to home screen and uninstall MicroG 25. Go back to “Files”，Install “08_Google Play Services v19.2.75” 26. return to home screen and click “Pla yStore” (you may receive DF-DFERH-01 error, just click retry). You will hear lots of error notifications, ignore it. Search and install “device id” which is the one from VtechSevi but not other developers，open “device id” once done，check if you can obtain the Google Service Framework (GSF) number 27. Go to “Settings”---“Apps and services”---“Apps”---search “Google Play services” ，click “FORCE STOP” until it is grey out, then “UNINSTALL” 28. Go to “files” and install“09_Google Play Services v19.4.20.apk” 29. Go to “Settings”---“Apps & services”---“Apps”---search keyword “Goo”， click the “4 docks” located at the right top corner”, select “Show system processes”, select “Google Service Framework” (time sensitive here!!! needs to be quick and do not operate your device rather than following all the steps) click “FORCE STOP” (if it goes blue again, keep forcing it stop until it is grey), then click “Storage”---" CLEAR CACHE” and then “CLEAR DATA”, and then Press the power button---Restart your device right away 30. Go to “Play Store”, you may receive DF-DFERH-01 error, this is normal and this is only time message, would not impact future operates 31. Go to “DeviceID” check if the GSF number has become Unknown, if so, return to “Playstore” try click retry. If this error repeats, restart your device and wait for at least 2 mins before opening PlayStore again. If the error still shows up, unfortunately you will need to restart this guide again) 32. Return to home screen, clear all the running tasks, then goto “DeviceID” and check if you can still have the GSF# 33. Go to“Settings”---“Apps & services”---“Apps”---search “Google Play services”， click “UNINSTALL”, you will be in “device administrator, then click “DEACTIVIATE AND UNINSTALL” 34. Go to “Files” and install “10_Google Play Services v20.12.14” 35. Return to main screen, restart your device and wait for at least 2 mins until the startup is done. If you hear tons of error notifications, then unfortunately you will need to restart this guide again 36. Open “Play Store”, check if it is working fine. If so, congrats but not done yet we need to move onto the final steps to ensure your device can pass the Google certify checks in the near future, so then you can feel free to update Google Play or other google related apps 37. Install Google Chrome 38. Go to “DeviceID”, click on the “Copy“ icon and copy your GSF# 38. Go to “Files” and open the link in chrome, scroll to the bottom, paste the GSF# in the text box and check mark the robot test, then click “register”, then you will see a bunch of number at the bottom, which it means your device has been registered successfully. 37. Go to “Play store”, search “Google Play service” and install “Play Services Info“, then open it and click “PlayStore” and open by “Google Playstore”, update the Google Play Service 38. Return to home screen and restart your device 39. Open “Play Store” and check if everything works fine 40. GMS installation is done : )